Friday, May 22, 2009

Kicking Coconuts in the Cemetery


Last week I watched Lara and Kirk's boys while they were out of town. Tyler (age 4) is pretty talkative, but I don't always understand him. Every day after he had been outside he would tell me that he wanted to bring something inside. It sounded like "coconut," but as we have no palm trees I couldn't figure out what he wanted. Finally, I asked him what coconut he was talking about. He took me outside and showed me a pine cone he had found in the yard and told me it was his coconut. So cute! Now every morning when we walk in the cemetery there are pine cones scattered everywhere. As we walk, sometimes I kick them out of the way. I will never be able to kick another "coconut" without thinking of Tyler.

1 comment:

  1. He says some pretty funny things. We sure enjoy having him around, well at least most of the time:)

    ReplyDelete

June 10, 2018

Dear Family and Friends, It has been a couple of months since we attempted to write a letter.  During that time, our days have been fill...