Monday, July 20, 2009

Moonwalking


Today is the 40th anniversary celebration of Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin walking on the moon. Most of you are young enough to only associate moonwalking with Michael Jackson. Before his kind of moonwalking, however, there was the actual event of walking on the moon. There are events that mark time in your life and this is one of those for me. Forty years ago, I was in Paris, France watching this event take place on television with French announcers. I brought a French newspaper home with headlines that marked the event (which I still have). It was truly a worldwide celebration of science fiction proportions. Hard to imagine that all those years have slipped by since I was a young 17 year old girl in Paris. What a day to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment

June 10, 2018

Dear Family and Friends, It has been a couple of months since we attempted to write a letter.  During that time, our days have been fill...