Sunday, April 12, 2009

EASTER


Today is Easter. Our ward choir sang two songs. Music always brings a strong spirit to me and I know the words we sang are true. I am grateful for the atonement and for the resurrection. What a wonderful day to be grateful to our Savior.

This is possibly the first Easter I have ever spent without family. Except Tristan. It is the first Easter I have celebrated without candy Easter eggs, new Easter clothes, or Easter baskets and family activities. Those things are silly things when you think about the true meaning of Easter, but I realized something about them today. Those silly things help us to set this day apart from others. They make it festive and fun and they mark it a special day. Spending the time with family on Easter weekend makes it a special weekend. Maybe the activities fall short of the meaning of the day, but they set it apart as special. I really missed those things this year. I don't want to be away from them or my family another year if we don't have to. I was jealous of all the families at church who were together today. I missed being able to buy my girls a new Easter dress. All those cute girls at church in their new Easter dresses remind me that Easter is a day to signal new beginnings...spring, the resurrection, and becoming clean through the atonement.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, if you weren't having to come up every week, you could have joined us for Easter, we would have loved it. And you can still buy me an Easter dress if it will make you happy:) Let's make plans now for next year. I vote the sand dunes, or maybe even Hawaii. Trisha said her family is going next April. They have a time share at the same place as ours. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, I think Lara has some great ideas there and that you should listen to her. :) Haha. I like her vacation ideas. I'm game! haha. But I missed being with the family on Easter too! It was weird and sad.

    ReplyDelete

June 10, 2018

Dear Family and Friends, It has been a couple of months since we attempted to write a letter.  During that time, our days have been fill...